Friday, November 21, 2014

Idefinite Hiatus

How ya doin'?

Just a quick to note that for the time being, I'm going to be taking a hiatus from this. I just... don't enjoy the show. And after tonight's just utter unwatcheable nonsensical garbage episode full of garbage, I just can't reasonably make myself devote enough time to write episode reviews to a show that I just am not enjoying.

I'll still watch. Hopefully it picks up - if it does, maybe this'll change. I'm sure I'll want to review the Shawn episodes.

But yeah, this episode sucked. A couple nice moments with Cory and Topanga, I guess, but in general just godawful. Remember when the 'rebel' kid popped up in the end scene for no reason? Who are you? We don't know you. Since when is providing helpful information to people and seconding Farkle's nomination just to be a pal 'rebellious'? Was he in a story that was cut for time or something? Why the hell is he there? Things just sort of... happened... all episode. No cohesion. No chemistry between anyone. And it felt like four different writers were telling it campfire style bouncing from one to the next and they each had their own story they were telling and it ended up a complete mess.

And then they rode away on a horse.

2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I still like the show, but last episode didn't gel for me. The A and B plots didn't flow well, and they felt like they were filmed at different times. The election concept I thought would be really cool, but they did next to nothing with it. I flat out didn't like the horse gimmick. To be off for a month between episodes, and come back with that is really disheartening and is a momentum killer. For me, Peyton Meyer gets the MVP simply because we got to see some drama from the Lucas character. More than a few scenes didn't mesh in this one. It gets a D from me. Which sucks, because I still like this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Meyer for Episode MVP, this is the first time Lucas couldn't have been played by a cardboard cutout of Justin Bieber circa 2009 and he didn't respond to it by chewing the scenery.

    ReplyDelete